Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at Banyan Treatment Center
Drug addiction is more than just a dependence on a substance.; it is also accompanied by a change in thinking. These thoughts are often negative and can be a hard habit to break. For someone trying to overcome their drug or alcohol addiction, it is important that treatment addresses these thought patterns in order to promote long-term positive change and sobriety.
What Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT is a combination of psychotherapy and behavioral therapy that is used to improve someone’s mental health. A trained professional will typically work one-on-one with a patient to change unhealthy and negative thought patterns or behaviors. Together the patient and professional will focus on recognizing and addressing distorted thoughts. The goal is to help the patient develop better coping strategies for their problems as well as to help them manage their emotions better.
The Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Addiction
Cognitive behavioral therapy began as a way to treat depression, but its use has been expanded to various mental health problems as well as the treatment of substance abuse disorders.
The benefits of CBT for addiction include:
- Improved Mental Health: All too often people who abuse drugs or alcohol also require treatment for a co-occurring disorder because of an underlying mental health problem. This program is meant to improve a person’s overall mental health by getting rid of unhelpful, negative thoughts.
- Relapse Prevention: Even if they do not have a mental health disorder, poor mental is often a common reason for relapse, but practicing cognitive behavioral therapy techniques could prevent this from happening.
- Breaking Bad Habits: Our behaviors, good or bad, are a result of our thinking. If we can change bad thinking, we can change bad behaviors and help break the vicious cycle of addiction.
- Facing Fears: Some of these negative thought patterns may be a result of fears. CBT can help patients face their fears and realize the irrational thoughts behind them.
- Managing Stress Correctly: We all deal with stress differently, but for an addict, this often means turning to drugs or alcohol. This treatment therapy is designed to teach patients to manage that stress effectively without the use of drugs or alcohol.
Our Pompano CBT Program
Along with many other treatment therapies for addiction, we offer cognitive behavioral therapy in Pompano for our patients because we know that addiction is more than a physical problem. During a session with our trained professionals, our patients will be able to work through their problems and create a thought process more conducive to their long-term recovery. As time goes on, the therapist will be able to tailor the program to the specific needs of the patient so that each session is as effective as possible.
In order for a patient to overcome their addiction and stay sober, at Banyan Pompano, we believe in a comprehensive approach to treatment that will set our patients up for success. From alcoholism to cocaine treatment in Pompano, we are here to help our patients battle their substance abuse problems from every angle.
Other Treatment Options
Our mission, your recovery.
“It was meaningful and so significant. The timing was perfect for my family. Banyan has been instrumental in giving my son the tools and support he needs to work on his sobriety.”
The education pieces were extremely helpful. Being able to participate in a group session and being able to have this time with my loved one while here.”
“The education we received and the interaction with our son. The ability to address critical issues through the impact letter was invaluable. Hearing the experiences of others was comforting and helpful.”
“Absolutely an excellent weekend. All of the presentations were helpful, educational and moving. I can’t thank you enough for all of your wonderful people. God bless you all.”
“I thank you so much for everything! Thank you for the renewed hope! Thank you for all the hard work-Everyone! Thank you for including the families. This is a family affair.”
- Helen R." />
"Banyan Treatment Center was a life-changing experience for me. When I got here, I was planning on continuing to use, but with the help of staff and the community I was convinced to stay through the whole program, and I can honestly say it was the best decision I've ever made."
- Justin M." />
"My experience was nothing short of amazing. The staff is excellent, they all went way out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. They gave me the tools i needed to succeed, and were always there for me when I completed the program and when I fell short. Thank you so much Banyan!"
- Angie M." />
"Banyan was able to help me more than words can describe. They helped me save my life. I called in not really knowing what to expect or anything about treatment and the people I spoke with were able to walk me through every step of the way."