Biofeedback at Banyan Pompano
As a leader in behavioral health and addiction treatment, Banyan Treatment Centers Pompano is committed to providing comprehensive and effective treatment practices to those struggling with substance abuse. We believe that programming should be structured, yet adaptable to each patient’s needs. By offering such treatment, patients at our substance abuse treatment center in Pompano can learn how to break free from negative thinking and thought patterns and develop healthy life skills.
Experts at Banyan Pompano are trained and licensed in various backgrounds and forms of substance abuse treatment. Our team has the skills necessary to combat every area of addiction and help patients achieve their sobriety goals. Alongside traditional forms of care like cognitive behavioral therapy, patients will have the opportunity to participate in holistic treatment including massages, acupuncture, biofeedback therapy, and more.
What Is Biofeedback?
Because our goal is to offer efficient and quality addiction care to those in need, we continuously incorporate methods that work. Our addiction rehab in Pompano utilizes various forms of substance abuse treatment, one of which is the serenity bed. The serenity bed is a form of biofeedback that’s proven to help in the recovery process. Biofeedback for addiction at Banyan Treatment Centers Pompano is an innovative method that’s been shown to reduce stress, anxiety, withdrawal symptoms, and the risk of early discharge from rehab.
The serenity bed is a vibrational platform made of memory foam that targets the patient’s auditory and visual senses. This biofeedback machine is specifically an audio and visual delivery system that’s used to help patients relax and feel as comfortable as possible while they’re in one of our substance abuse programs.
The audio and visual functions included in our biofeedback treatment for addiction include:
- Music therapy that’s created through binaural beats and healing frequencies
- Binaural beats, a form of Soundwave Therapy that induces a theta level meditative state
- Low-frequency vibrations that trigger a natural response of relaxation
- Heart rhythm patterns that synchronize with the body and promote relaxation
- Mindfulness developed through guided meditations and positive affirmations
The concept behind the biofeedback treatment at Banyan Pompano is to help alleviate the stress and negative thoughts that a patient may be experiencing during their recovery. Addiction treatment can be mentally and physically stressful, but with biofeedback, we can help to alleviate patients’ stress and make the process smoother. A meditative state is induced through guided imagery and sound therapy to address the underlying issues of substance abuse, such as anxiety and depression. Once the patient has relaxed, positive affirmations are played to motivate and encourage them. These combined methods work together to assist patients in combating negative thoughts and behavioral patterns that influence their addictions and co-occurring disorders. Whether they’re receiving treatment for a specific substance abuse disorder or undergoing dual diagnosis treatment, patients can benefit from our biofeedback therapy.
Benefits of Biofeedback Therapy for Addiction
Our patients have experienced great relief from the array of special programs offered at Banyan Treatment Centers in Pompano, including the serenity bed. While our more traditional therapy programs offer patients individualized support that’s crucial to their recovery, our unique programs and therapies offer additional avenues of treatment.
There are several benefits of biofeedback for substance abuse, including:
- Alleviating withdrawal symptoms: Biofeedback is shown to reduce the anxiety and fear associated with detox treatment. It also mitigates symptoms like body aches and cravings that can make the recovery process more challenging. Additionally, the serenity bed can also improve sleep, which is something that most detox patients have trouble with.
- Crisis intervention: The serenity bed in biofeedback is also helpful for patients who become overwhelmed or anxious during their treatment. The relaxation induced by the vibrations and sound therapy makes the individual feel safe, comfortable, and at ease.
- Reduced chances of premature discharge: Whether it’s from detox or addiction treatment itself, some patients struggle. This can cause them to want to discharge before they’ve completed their rehab program. The relaxation method incorporated in biofeedback for drug dependence and alcoholism has been shown to reduce the chances of premature discharge.
- Trauma: Biofeedback has also been known to aid patients who have experienced trauma. The combination of guided imagery and music therapy assists the individual in developing healthy coping mechanisms.
Biofeedback For Alcoholism and Drug Addiction at Banyan Pompano
From the minute you call us, to the moment you complete your treatment and beyond, our team at Banyan Pompano will be there to guide you through every step of the way. Regardless of the circumstances, the experts at our Pompano rehab center are committed to helping you find and complete a rehab program that meets your needs.
Our mission, your recovery.
“It was meaningful and so significant. The timing was perfect for my family. Banyan has been instrumental in giving my son the tools and support he needs to work on his sobriety.”
The education pieces were extremely helpful. Being able to participate in a group session and being able to have this time with my loved one while here.”
“The education we received and the interaction with our son. The ability to address critical issues through the impact letter was invaluable. Hearing the experiences of others was comforting and helpful.”
“Absolutely an excellent weekend. All of the presentations were helpful, educational and moving. I can’t thank you enough for all of your wonderful people. God bless you all.”
“I thank you so much for everything! Thank you for the renewed hope! Thank you for all the hard work-Everyone! Thank you for including the families. This is a family affair.”
- Helen R." />
"Banyan Treatment Center was a life-changing experience for me. When I got here, I was planning on continuing to use, but with the help of staff and the community I was convinced to stay through the whole program, and I can honestly say it was the best decision I've ever made."
- Justin M." />
"My experience was nothing short of amazing. The staff is excellent, they all went way out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. They gave me the tools i needed to succeed, and were always there for me when I completed the program and when I fell short. Thank you so much Banyan!"
- Angie M." />
"Banyan was able to help me more than words can describe. They helped me save my life. I called in not really knowing what to expect or anything about treatment and the people I spoke with were able to walk me through every step of the way."