Alcohol Treatment at Banyan Pompano
Alcohol addiction is also commonly known as alcoholism affects almost 18 million people in the United States alone. Alcoholism is the inability to control drinking due to a physical dependence on the drink. Alcoholism is a chronic disease that is characterized by repetitive alcohol consumption despite health or legal issues that step from drinking. Alcoholics may struggle with cutting down on their drinking because of the physical dependence. In some cases, those who struggle with alcoholism must begin their day with a drink in order to function properly.
Alcoholism is not the only problem caused by the abuse of alcohol, besides the 18 million in the US who are full blown alcoholics, it is estimated that there is another several million who engage in risky drinking patterns or “binge drink”, and this can develop into problematic behavior in the future. This whole separate category of drinkers, also known as “functioning alcoholics” can do just as much damage to their lives without having a full blown addiction to alcohol.
What Are The Warning Signs of Alcoholism?
Signs and Symptoms of Alcohol Abuse:
- Having a strong craving or urge to consume alcohol
- Lack in ability to fulfill work, school, or home obligations due to continued alcohol use
- Withdrawal symptoms without drinking- sweating, shaking, or nausea
- Spending a significant amount of time drinking, finding or recovering from alcohol
- Unable to control the amount of alcohol consumed
- Continuing consumption of alcohol after it is threatening health, relationships, work, or social life.
- Advice from friends or family to cut down on the drinking, or quit altogether
- Drinking alone
- Amount of drinking is significantly more than most people you know
- Making plans around drinking, drinking is the main focus of your day
- Alcohol is one of the only substances that has negative effects on every single organ in the human body. When you drink, alcohol is absorbed into your bloodstream and distributed throughout your body.
Not only is alcohol damaging to every part of your body, but it is also one of the only substances that can cause death from withdrawal. Proper, medically supervised detox and individualized treatment are crucial to recovery for those who struggle with alcohol addiction.
Banyan Treatment Center’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment
An alcohol addiction treatment plan comes with intense therapy sessions including individual and group settings, education on the disease of addiction, family support groups, relapse prevention, aftercare programs and so much more.
Banyan Treatment Center’s goals are to support our clients during their recovery journey and always encourage their continuous growth, we feel the more supported our clients feel, the more courage they will have to continue in their battle against addiction.